20210402

Thank you, mum, for giving me life (from the book Thank you, mum)

 Below you can find another chapter from the book Thank you, mum.  I hope it touches your heart.

(For the Swedish version, scroll up to the next post.)



We were on an airplane. I don't remember where we were going, but it was one of many wonderful trips we went on as a family. You suggested that I go on the pill. I shrugged my shoulders and told you there was no need; my boyfriend at the time and I used condoms.

"They can break, you know", you said. "That's how you came to be." At eighteen, I found out I was an unplanned child. Not that I had an existential crisis over it. Dad explained I was unplanned, not unwanted.

            The doctors advised against the pregnancy. Just like they advised you to not give birth to my (also unplanned but not unwanted) brother. Your health was at stake, they said. But here we are, my brother and me. Thank you, Mum (and Dad, and the condom that broke) for giving me life. 

**

Please share this blogpost if you think it can help someone! 

This was a chapter from the book Thank you, mum. A book for those who miss someone.

To read the first chapter, go to this postTo get a notification by mail when a new chapter is posted, click here.

If you would like to give the book to someone you think can be soothed by it, or to yourself, you can find it on Amazon on any of the links below, or you can search for it on your Amazon of choice. 

Amazon in Germany

Amazonn in Italy

Amazon in the Netherlands (Note, it is double the price on this market - if possible choose another one)

Amazon in Spain

Amazon in the UK

Amazon in the US

No comments:

Post a Comment