20210409

Thank you, mum, for being so much more than a mother

 Below you can find another chapter from the book Thank you, mum.  I hope it touches your heart.

(For the Swedish version, scroll up to the next post.)

Dad and I looked at pictures of you after you had died. Pictures of you and him on vacation. In the pictures, you're as beautiful as ever, beaming with a zest for life and adventure when smiling at him. Dad and I were surprised when we noticed the date of the photo album. 1969. The year I was born. I was just a few months old and you and Dad were on vacation. Some people would be horrified. How could you travel when your daughter was just a few months old? How could you go traveling, spend your leave from work as a teacher to go gallivanting with your husband, whose job took him (and you) on expeditions around the world?

            You could because you both always put your love first. Dad often told my brother and me how he was fond of us, but you were the one he loved, and would forever cherish the most. You would go on vacation and leave my brother and me behind because you both valued your love so highly. And because of your mother, my grandma.

            Grandma gave me the most amazing childhood summers that I could ever have dreamt of. If it wasn’t for you and Dad being in love, even after becoming parents, I would have never been able to spend as much time with her as I did.

            Thank you for showing me that there is so much more to being a mother. You can be a joyful traveler, a woman who loves her job, and a woman who loves her husband throughout life. And that a mother can, in turn, give her mother a wonderful gift - the gift of playing a big part in her grandchildren's lives.




**

Please share this blogpost if you think it can help someone! 

This was a chapter from the book Thank you, mum. A book for those who miss someone.

To read the first chapter, go to this postTo get a notification by mail when a new chapter is posted, click here.

If you would like to give the book to someone you think can be soothed by it, or to yourself, you can find it on Amazon on any of the links below, or you can search for it on your Amazon of choice. 

Amazon in Germany

Amazonn in Italy

Amazon in the Netherlands (Note, it is double the price on this market - if possible choose another one)

Amazon in Spain

Amazon in the UK

Amazon in the US

No comments:

Post a Comment