20211105

Thank you, mum, for always seeing the bright side

Below you can find another chapter from the book Thank you, mum.  I hope it touches your heart.

(For the Swedish version, scroll down and then select Next post.)



You went through some rough times but that never stopped you from seeing the bright side of things. Although sometimes, it went a little too far.

            Saying "I’m alright, don't worry about me" made you fall deep into darkness at times, but most of the time you used the light to find your way back out.

            "Oh my, the white t-shirt turned pink in the wash. But pink is also a pretty color, don't you think?"

            "Yeah, he can be grumpy, but if you just listen to him, he's actually a nice person."

            "Have you lost your favorite toy? Bummer! I'm sure we'll find it. You can play with this one, for now, you'd almost forgotten about that one."

            I remember how we worried, that one time, Sissi, our beloved cocker spaniel, got surgery for a uterus infection. We weren't sure she'd survive. We wandered to and fro around the house, waiting for the vet to call. She did survive, and when she returned, she had stitches all around her stomach. We all got teary-eyed as the cat, Randi, lay down next to her. She wouldn't usually do that, I bet she felt like Sissi needed her purring to heal.

            My lovely, nutty Sissy was fifteen years old when she died. I'd spent half my life with her by then. What sorrow when we lost her. She's buried next to a pond in our woods by the house. I went there a lot after she'd passed, mourning by myself by her grave.

            When I went to kindergarten, a friend of mine told me she wasn't allowed to keep pets. Her mother argued that she'd get too upset when they died. That was absurd to you, Mum.

            "But she'll be so happy while they're alive!"

That was your outlook on it, Mum. That's how I see it. One day, we'll all die, sure we will. But all the other days, we live.

            It hurts me that you're gone, Mum. But I am so happy about all the days you lived with us, sharing your light.  

**

Please share this blogpost if you think it can help someone! 

This was a chapter from the book Thank you, mum. A book for those who miss someone.

To read the first chapter, go to this postTo get a notification by mail when a new chapter is posted, click here.

If you would like to give the book to someone you think can be soothed by it, or to yourself, you can find it on Amazon on any of the links below, or you can search for it on your Amazon of choice. The price is around 17 euros. If your market shows another price, I suggest you try out another market. 

Amazon in Germany

Amazon in Italy

Amazon in the Netherlands 

Amazon in Spain

Amazon in the UK

Amazon in the US

No comments:

Post a Comment