20210604

Thank you, mum, for Kulla-Gulla (and other books)

 Below you can find another chapter from the book Thank you, mum.  I hope it touches your heart.

(For the Swedish version, scroll down and then select Next post.)



As a teacher, you knew how important regular reading is for children. You gave me books early on in life. You wanted me to find a genre that I'd like so that I wouldn't find reading boring. Maybe you hadn't heard the saying, "Be careful what you wish for, lest it come true." For you got so much more than you wished for. Not only did you get a daughter, who loved reading, but who wouldn't stop.

            When you called me, you knew I'd respond, "Just one more page," or possibly "Just one more chapter." After a while, it became an inside joke. You introduced me to the world of books, and I've never left it. I've even enriched it with some of my own. Books, which you read, Mum, and liked. Especially, my first novel, Jenny, Jenny. You read it while on vacation, and in a postcard you wrote this about the book,

"The tears just won't stop flowing, Annika…"

You were upset my books didn't get more attention. In your biased opinion as a loving parent, you thought it unfair that other writers, with their, not as dazzling books, got invited to talk on TV.

            Thanks, Mum, for introducing reading to me. Thank you, Mum and Dad, for being my number one supporters of my writing as well as my other dreams. 


* Kulla-Gulla is a Swedish book series
for children by Martha Sandwall-Bergström

**

Please share this blogpost if you think it can help someone! 

This was a chapter from the book Thank you, mum. A book for those who miss someone.

To read the first chapter, go to this postTo get a notification by mail when a new chapter is posted, click here.

If you would like to give the book to someone you think can be soothed by it, or to yourself, you can find it on Amazon on any of the links below, or you can search for it on your Amazon of choice. 

Amazon in Germany

Amazon in Italy

Amazon in the Netherlands (if the price of the paperback is higher than about 17 euros, check out another market)

Amazon in Spain

Amazon in the UK

Amazon in the US

No comments:

Post a Comment