20210310

How to find time for a startling life

 

To live is so startling, it leaves but little room for other occupations.

Emily Dickinson

Is your life startling, remarkable?

I hope so.

Is living so remarkable that it is hard to find time for anything else?

The wonderful career mums I help often struggle with the opposite.

“Other occupations” take so much of their time it leaves little room for living a remarkable life.



Many people squeeze the remarkable part of life into a few hours in the weekend or possibly the vacation. If that vacation, burdened by unreasonable expectations to make up for months filled with ”other occupations” feels less than phenomenal, it is easy to become thoroughly unhappy.

If my vacation doesn’t feel fun and wonderful, how can I find joy in the rest of my grey life?

By not waiting until you “have time” for the remarkable life.

Or, to use the terminology I use when I teach Holistic Time Management:

Make sure there is WANT time in every glass of time, make sure you do something you love every week. Something remarkable.

Also make sure that the “other occupations” you do, arent’ boring or energy draining. 

Don’t allow yourself to be forced to do anything. 

That something needs to be done doesn’t mean you need to do it.

Turn your shoulds into coulds, as I state in the Holistic Time Management course.

It’s your life, you get to choose.

Choose to live a startling life.

Every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment