20201125

You can't see yourself when you're in the frame

When I was born my hair was black. The midwife thought my father was Japanese, given the black hair and the slanted eyes.  

A few weeks later my hair turned into the light blond hair that is so common among Swedish children. The older I got, the darker my hair became. Now my hair colour is what my sons call "dirty blond". 

When I was in my teens a hairdresser said that she wanted to dye my hair red. I told her she was crazy. I was way to pale to have any other colour of hair than blond. 

(My husband remarked when I told him this story: What, had you never seen the skin colour of gingers?)

The hairdresser told me that my colours would "come out" if I had red hair, so I agreed to the change. 

Ever since that first time, I have dyed my hair red in winter time. I see it as a Christmas decoration. 



If that hairdresser hadn't suggested it, it would not have occurred to me. 

As Les Brown says: 

"We can't see ourselves when we are in the frame."

That's why coaching is so useful. 

My coach (a wonderful Tony Robbins' result coach) tells me things that annoy me at times. I might clench my jaws and say: 

"I KNOW. That's what I teach my clients. I just didn't see I did it myself..."

We all have blind spots. Others can help us see them. Coaches specialize in helping you see your blind spots. 

If you are interested in a coach who has red hair a few months a year, let me know. 

I might be the one who helps you love the life you have created but don't find the time to enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment